Lot Size5.16 ac
Home Size1,873 sqft
Days on Market3
Holiday Drinks for Your Holiday Party This Year
- Neighborhoods and News
- egg nog recipe, Encinitas House, grasshopper recipe, holiday drinks, holiday party ideas, holiday punch recipe, planning a holiday party
- December 20, 2010
Christmas is coming this week! If you are planning a holiday party this year, then you probably already have bought your turkey or ham at the store and are busy wrapping presents. But did you remember the holiday drinks that you will serve at your holiday party in Encinitas? Today, I will provide a few holiday cocktails to serve your adult guests at your holiday party this year.
Excellent Egg Nog Recipe:
For this Traditional Holiday Egg Nog recipe, you will need:
- 4 Eggs, Separated into Egg Whites and Egg Yolks
- 2 ½ Cup Sugar, Separated into 2 Equal 1 ¼ Cup Portions
- ½ Cup White Rum
- ½ Cup Whiskey
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Separated into 2 Equal ½ Cup Portions
- Ground Nutmeg
1. Start by Mixing 1 ¼ Cups of Sugar into the 4 Egg Yolks and Mix with a Wire Wix
2. Blend the 4 Egg Whites into an Electric Mixer and Mix on Medium High so the Whites turn to a Solid, Fluffy Form
3. Lower the Mixing Speed and Slowly Sift and Sprinkle 1 ¼ Cups of the Stiffened Egg Whites
4. Slowly Pour Your Egg Yolk and Sugar Mix into the Mixer
5. Speed Up the Mixer to about a Medium Speed to Blend Everything together into a Nice Consistent Yellow/White Mixture
6. Keep the Mixer on a Low Speed and Slowly Drizzle Your Rum into the Mix. Experiment with different kinds of flavored white rum for a different taste!
7. Slowly Drizzle the Whiskey in the Mixer – The Amount of Alcohol is Up to You but be Modest so the Flavors of the rest of the Drink Stand Out!
8. Slowly Drizzle the Milk and ½ Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream into the Mixer, and then Turn off the Mixer.
9. Take the other ½ Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream and Manually Mix with a Whisk in a Separate Bowl to Thicken it Up as Much as Possible
10. Take a Spatula and Fold this Heavy Whipping Cream into Your Main Mixing Bowl so it is very Fluffy and Smooth
11. Serve the Egg Nog at Room Temperature. *The Alcohol will Offset the Raw Egg Mix, but feel free to bring to a gentle warm on the Stove if you Like
12. Ladle into a Tea Cup and Sprinkle with Nutmeg for Taste and Presentation
13. Enjoy! This recipe serves 8, so Adjust Portions for More Guests at Your Holiday Party!
Ho Ho Holiday Punch Recipe:
This Holiday Punch Recipe is a Cherry Pomegranate Punch, with a Beautiful Red Color for Christmas! For this Holiday Punch Recipe, you will need:
- 2 Packages of Cherry Flavored Jello
- 1 Package of Cherry Flavored Kool-Aid
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 4 Cups of Boiling Water
- 6 Cups of Water
- 2 Bottles (Approx. 92 Ounces) or Cans of Pomegranate Juice
- 2 Bottles of Champagne
- Fresh Cherries, Cranberries and Pomegranates
1. Dissolve the Jello in and 2 Cups of Sugar in 4 Cups of Boiling Water and Add to a Punch Bowl
2. Add the Kool-Aid to Your Punch Bowl
3. Add 3 Cups of Water to the Punch Bowl
4. Add the Pomegranate Juice to the Punch Bowl
5. Add the Champagne to the Punch Bowl
6. Garnish the Punch with Fresh Cherries, Cranberries, and Pomegranates
7. Chill Your Punch Bowl in the Refrigerator, or Serve with Glasses of Ice if You Don’t have Room in the Refrigerator
8. Sit Back, Enjoy, and Watch the Compliments Come Rolling in from Your Guests!
The Grinch’s Grasshopper Recipe:
This last recipe for the Grinch’s Grasshopper Recipe is a perfect After Dinner Drink. This drink is like a desert in itself, and is a nice neon green Color – Like the Grinch himself! To help prepare this drink for your holiday party guests, you will need:
- 2 Ounces of Ice Cream
- ½ Ounce White Crème de Cacao
- ½ Ounce Green Crème de Menthe
1. Blend All Ingredients in Your Blender
2. You May Substitute Coffee Creamer or Milk Instead of Ice Cream
3. Serve in a Martini Glass
4. This Recipe is for One Cocktail so be sure to Alter the Portions for More Drinks
5. Enjoy this Creamy Delicious Desert while You Sing Christmas Carols with Your Guests!
So head to your local liquor store in Encinitas and stock up enough for holiday drinks at your holiday party this year. Just be sure to leave out enough for Santa to kick back and enjoy when he delivers presents to your Encinitas house on Saturday!