Lot Size6,970 sqft
Home Size1,812 sqft
Days on Market34
7 Things to Do in Encinitas for Winter
- Neighborhoods and News
- November 28, 2023
What are 7 Things to Do in Encinitas for the Winter Season?
The winter season is here! Although Encinitas is a coastal city in California, events and activities always happen in and around the town. Take your family or friends to one of these winter activities, and you may have plenty of fun throughout this season!
Take a look at 7 things to do in Encinitas for winter in 2023:
- BirdStock Music Festival and Holiday Artisan Market: The BirdStock Music Festival is a family-friendly event that takes place every year at La Jolla Boulevard, showcasing the best things that Bird Rock has to offer. The festival includes music and dance entertainment, discounts from local shops, refreshments from restaurants in Bird Rock, and a holiday-themed artisan market that features all kinds of artists and their works. The event begins on December 9, so buy your tickets early to avoid losing your spot at this wonderful festival!
- Gingerbread House Decorating Workshop: If you’re in the mood to hang out with your friends, then look no further than designing and decorating your gingerbread house! You can indulge in delicious cocktails and appetizers while speaking with other workshop participants throughout the decorating process. Don’t worry about being an expert since you will work with instructors who will give you tips and tricks on making a fantastic gingerbread house!
- Winter by the Bay – Music Speaks Studio Showcase: One of the 7 things to do in Encinitas for winter is to take advantage of this special event in The Galley at the Marina! This is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so reserve your spot early and get a nice view of the performers. What’s great about this event is that you’ll see a variety of musicians and get to eat while watching them perform. There are two shows with separate performers, so you can choose to watch the first show in the morning or the second in the afternoon.
- Pura Vida – Christmas at the Pike: The Pike Outlets in Long Beach are hosting a family-friendly event that is filled with delightful characters and activities. You can visit the mall with your kids and take pictures with Mickey and Minnie Mouse! Take advantage of the bi-hourly raffles and shop small with 50 vendors throughout The Pike Outlets. You can also eat in the mall and bring your pets to get in the holiday spirit together! This event has no entry fee, so don’t worry about spending an extra buck for this festivity.
- Breakfast with Santa: Every year, Bernardo Winery hosts an event called Breakfast with Santa from December 13th through the 17th and December 20th through the 23rd. This event is fun for the whole family since it includes a visit from Santa, a delicious breakfast, an up-close meeting with the animals from Wild Wonders, face-painting and balloon sculptures made by Santa’s Elves and plenty of other activities! If you’re going with the whole family, you can enjoy some savory mimosas with your partner while your kids enjoy the visit from Santa. Spaces are limited, so ensure you buy your tickets in advance to separate a seat.
- San Diego Lights Tour: While this event is a little outside Encinitas, you can enjoy a beautiful city tour with gorgeous decorations from homeowners across San Diego. Take this two-hour light tour and see the eye-catching light displays from a Christmas-themed bus with elves and holiday-themed cocktails! You can also participate in sing-along caroling with the elves and play fun games with them.
- Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade: If you’re an animal lover, you can visit the Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade on Saturday, December 16, at 10 AM. You can enjoy the costumed pet parade alone or let your pet participate in the festivity! There is also live music, fun activities, and other things to enjoy while being in the parade.
Spend Your Winter in Encinitas!
Be aware that this list is just some of the things to do in Encinitas for Winter. But if you research events online, you can find plenty of other activities around town! Have fun exploring Encinitas and learn all you can do in this beautiful coastal city.