Home Size1,322 sqft
Days on Market8
House Plants for Every Room in Your Home
- Real Estate Tips
- February 25, 2020
If you would like to replicate the feeling of a Zen garden in your home or you simply want to introduce more color into your interior design, you should acquire some plants! There are hundreds of plants you could grow in your home!
A lot of house plants are very low maintenance, and even if you don’t get a lot of bright sunlight, there are plants that thrive in low light! So, no matter where you want to display a plant, there are many options to choose from.
Low Maintenance Plants
If you want to add some plants to your home but don’t want to constantly be worrying about watering them, these plants are perfect! They require minimal amounts of water and are tolerant of all types of lighting.
- Succulents: They come in a variety of sizes and colors. This desert plant is used to thriving in dry conditions, so you may have trouble killing them! Keep in mind though that they need lots of sunlight.
- Snake Plant: Tall and lovely, snake plants are easy to care for. They grow in low and bright light.
- Cast Iron Plant: This low growing, bushy plant is tough as iron! With wide leaves, this stunner can withstand your harsh treatment. Any type of lighting is fine.
If you want a plant that is both gorgeous and eye catching, then these are for you! Amaze your guests with these exotic, huge plants that will turn your home into a garden.
- Monstera: Also called the swiss cheese plant, this tropical plant sprouts perforated leaves that look lovely. Indirect sun is best, and watering should be moderate.
- Rubber Tree: This stunning indoor tree grows up to several feet high! You can place in bright or indirect light. This tree will command the room!
- Yucca Plant: This incredible looking plant is truly a desert beauty. With thick, tall roots and long growing leaves, this plant is urban-tolerant and only needs water when the soil is dry.
Low Light Plants
If you want to add plants to your bathroom or any other room with low light, these plants are great because they will still flourish with minimal sunshine.
- ZZ Plant: With numerous branches that sprout glossy symmetrical leaves, this plant is one of the easier ones to care for because they thrive in dry environments.
- Pothos: This magnificent plant can sit on a shelf or hang from your ceiling. This trailing vine can keep on growing and growing–even if you forget to water it.
- Maidenhair Fern: This plant thrives in indirect, low light but you must water it consistently. The soil must always be moist, but the reward is worth it.