Lot Size6,534 sqft
Days on Market2
How to Quickly Make a Wooden Bench for $15!
If you want some seating for your entryway hallway or your breakfast table, a wooden bench is a great option! Though benches are a simple furniture piece, they can cost quite a bit. Instead of spending upwards of $50 for simple seating, make your own wooden bench for $15!
This DIY wooden bench measures 48 inches in length, 17 inches in height, and 14 ½ inches in depth. This fast home décor project is from The Rehab Life, a YouTube channel that specializes in crafting furniture.
Check out the tools you will need and the easy to follow steps for a wooden bench below!
Materials Needed to Make a $15 Wooden Bench
These are the materials needed to make a bench for $15:
- One 2 inch x 4 inch x 8 feet lumber piece
- One 2 inch x 8 inch x 8 feet lumber piece
- 2 ½ inch construction screws
- Sanding block
These are the tools you should already have:
- Circular saw
- Power drill
Steps to Build a Wooden Bench with $15
Making a bench is an easy beginner project that does not require a lot of time. Check out these simple steps to easily make your own wooden bench for $15!
- Cut your 2”x 8” x 8 feet lumber in half to create two equal pieces.
- Cut your 2” x 4” x 8 feet into eight pieces. Four pieces should measure 15 ½ inches long and another four pieces should measure 8 inches long.
- Ensure you have 10 pieces of the correct length.
- Using two 8 inch lumber pieces and two 15 ½ inch pieces, form a rectangle. The longer pieces should be parallel and the short pieces should form the top and bottom.
- Secure the pieces together using the 2 ½ inch construction screws. By predrilling your holes, drilling becomes easier. Use two screws for each joint.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining short pieces of lumber. These rectangles will form the legs of the bench.
- Lay out your two 2” x 8” pieces side by side so that they are flush.
- Place a leg on each end of the bench, leaving approximately 1 ¾ inches of overhang on each side. The short side of the bench leg should be directly on the bench.
- Use four screws to secure a leg onto the bottom of the bench. Then use another 4 screws to secure the center of the leg to the two lumber pieces that will form the bench.
- Repeat step 9 for the second bench leg.
- Flip the wooden bench over and sand it down.
- You’re done with your wooden bench!
That’s it! In just 12 simple steps, you will have made a wooden bench for $15! Now all that’s left to do is personalize your bench. You can use stain or paint to make the bench a color of your choice. You could also decorate your wooden bench with stencils. The choice is yours!